Research - Blood Circulatin
[Research] Vibration Therapy for Circulation Improvement
There is no need to dispute weather vibration therapy can improve blood circulation. Any physical activity beneifts blood circulation.
The question is how effective vibration therapy can improve the circulation, and how does it work differently?
Scientists have conducted many clinical trials to examine the effectiveness of using vibration therapy to improve blood circulation. With limited research funding, the clinical trials were not adequately designed and implemented. Because of various trial designs, different test parameter selections, patient recruitment and retention issues, the clinical trials did not come out with consistent results.
Positive results of circulation improvement related to vibration therapy are observed and approved in the clinical trials. For reliable results on the efficacy, adequately designed larger sample size and longer duration clinical trials are necessary.
Below is a selected list of literature review projects and clinical trials that represent the current research level on vibration therapy for blood circulation improvement.
- Whole-Body Vibration and Blood Flow and Muscle Oxygenation
- May 2015, J Athl Train | PubMed.gov
- Local vibration therapy increases oxygen re-saturation rate and maintains muscle strength following exercise-induced muscle damage
- August 17, 2021, S Perival | PubMed.gov
- The effect of whole body vibration on lower extremity skin blood flow in normal subjects
- 02/13/2007, Everett B Lohman 3rd | Frontiers
- Effects of Local Vibration With Different Intermittent Durations on Skin Blood Flow Responses in Diabetic People
- 11/15/2019, Weiyan Ren | PubMed.gov
- Arterial stiffness acutely decreases after whole-body vibration
- Nove 2008, T Otsuki | PubMed.gov
- Effects of whole-body vibration on blood flow and neuromuscular activity in spinal cord injury
- 11/02/2010, AJ Herrero | Nature.com
- Whole-Body Vibration Training Increases Stem/Progenitor Cell Circulation Levels and May Attenuate Inflammation
- 01/07/2020, Yameena Jawed | PubMed.gov
- Effects of Whole-Body Vibration-Assisted Training on Lower Limb Blood Flow in Children With Myelomeningocele
- 02/10/2021, Andrzej Szopa | PubMed.gov
- Effects of whole body vibration training combined with blood flow restriction on muscle adaptation
- 02/21/2021, Zong-Yan Cai
- The effect of multidirectional mechanical vibration on peripheral circulation of humans
- 07/27/2007, C Button | PubMed.gov